[mythtv-users] [mythtv] MythTV Raspberry Pi2 frontend testers

Jerry mythtv at hambone.e4ward.com
Wed Nov 18 20:15:10 UTC 2015

On Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 3:04 PM, Joseph Fry <joe at thefrys.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 2:52 PM, Jerry <mythtv at hambone.e4ward.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 2:42 PM, Joseph Fry <joe at thefrys.com> wrote:
>>
>>> So, got it installed on Raspbian Wheezy, when I run it I get the DB
>>> configuration window, then it restarts and gives me a black screen with a
>>> mouse cursor (if I move the mouse).
>>>
>>> Really cool that this appears to be running in directfb, no need for X!
>>> Even cooler if I could get the frontend to display.
>>>
>>> Am I missing something?  If I could switch to the console and see the
>>> output I may be able to figure out where its failing, but I don't know how
>>> to kill it without a reboot (ctrl-alt-del).
>>>

>> Thanks to your tip for using Wheezy, I think I'm at the same place as you
>> are.
>>
>> If you redirect the output of mythfrontend to a text file, you'll see the
>> problem.  Mine can't find the backend, and it looks like the reason is that
>> the mysql libraries aren't loading.
>>
>> Here is what I see in the terminal:
>>
>> 2015-11-18 14:33:23.796232 E  MSqlDatabase::OpenDatabase(), db object is
>> not valid!
>>
>> and from (I think) stderr:
>>
>> QSqlDatabase: QMYSQL driver not loaded
>> QSqlDatabase: available drivers: QMYSQL QMYSQL3
>>
>> But it is close!
>>

> for some reason pressing esc a couple of times finally cleared the blank
> window... maybe I waited long enough for something to timeout.
>
> for some reason mine keeps trying to connect to backed on localhost...
> suggesting that it failed to use the configuration I specified... the
> config.xml is correct.
>
> But I do also see the "QMYSQL driver not loaded" message.

Yeah, mine keeps trying localhost also, even though I dropped a config.xml
in ~/.mythtv.  I believe it tries my backend once, then hammers localhost
for an answer.  I have a bunch of errors that are repeats of the first
error line I mentioned (db object is not valid).

I think I'll take a break now and try again later.