[mythtv-users] [mythtv] MythTV Raspberry Pi2 frontend testers

Jerry mythtv at hambone.e4ward.com
Wed Nov 18 19:52:17 UTC 2015

On Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 2:42 PM, Joseph Fry <joe at thefrys.com> wrote:

> So, got it installed on Raspbian Wheezy, when I run it I get the DB
> configuration window, then it restarts and gives me a black screen with a
> mouse cursor (if I move the mouse).
>
> Really cool that this appears to be running in directfb, no need for X!
> Even cooler if I could get the frontend to display.
>
> Am I missing something?  If I could switch to the console and see the
> output I may be able to figure out where its failing, but I don't know how
> to kill it without a reboot (ctrl-alt-del).

Thanks to your tip for using Wheezy, I think I'm at the same place as you
are.

If you redirect the output of mythfrontend to a text file, you'll see the
problem.  Mine can't find the backend, and it looks like the reason is that
the mysql libraries aren't loading.

Here is what I see in the terminal:

2015-11-18 14:33:23.796232 E  MSqlDatabase::OpenDatabase(), db object is
not valid!

and from (I think) stderr:

QSqlDatabase: QMYSQL driver not loaded
QSqlDatabase: available drivers: QMYSQL QMYSQL3

But it is close!