[mythtv-users] Guide updates for CBS and TNT this evening

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 08:54:19 UTC 2015

On Tue, Nov 17, 2015 at 5:15 AM, Kirk Bocek <t004 at kbocek.com> wrote:
> No, this is totally relevant to Myth and SD users.

Only to users of MythTV recording US TV.  There
are a lot of users of MythTV which reside outside
the US, or that have never watched a CBS show
again in protest after having their prized 60 minutes
be preempted for a sporting event, or use OTA EIT.

And there is a (totally unused, last I checked)
USA regional section on the MythTV forum that
might have been more appropriate (except that I
am not a regular forum user, and had not considered
it until after I had already posted here, and I did not
think it was appropriate to post in two places).

Actually, I think I would like to see SD own the
notification and provide (opt-in) email alerts to their
customers when there are national adjustments
such as this.  It happens about once an event
(fortunately just a few times a year).  I have no
idea if Gracenote or their competitors (Rovi/FYI)
offer such alerting, but one would suspect so.
Perhaps I will post an RFE on the SD forums
(I am not sure the ROI, but perhaps it is easy,
and perhaps it is not).