[mythtv-users] Guide updates for CBS and TNT this evening

Robert Eden rmeden at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 04:08:04 UTC 2015

On 11/16/2015 6:50 PM, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> (*) There is a period during the updates from Schedules
> Direct when there is no guide data available at all
> so (especially on very very slow systems) one can
> end up with some scheduling anomalies (i.e.
> missing recordings).

The Schedules Direct SD-DD service used by MythTV only updates date once
a day in the late morning.  The best time to download data is always a
randomized time provided by the "acknowledge" method.

MythTV does support using that time, but due to bugs many MythTV users
download at exactly 2am whatever timezone is used by the box. (I see
huge spikes in downloads)

So please, check your logs for when you download.  If it's in the middle
of the night, fix your system to use the suggested time.  It is better
for everyone.

If you have to use cron, you can get a randomized time via
http://schedulesdirect.org/getack

Checking right before prime time won't give better data.

Robert
Schedules Direct