[mythtv-users] stuck recording

Jerome Yuzyk jerome at supernet.ab.ca
Wed Nov 11 01:36:20 UTC 2015

On Wednesday, November 11, 2015 01:13:41 AM Roger Siddons wrote:
> On 10/11/15 22:23, Jerome Yuzyk wrote:
> >
> > When all else fails, restart mythbackend.
>
> That's what I ended up doing, and that fixed it.
>
> I was curious though to know which table(s) hadn't cleared so I could have a look at them.
>
> --
> A little of Jerome's MythTV World: http://mythtv.bss.ab.ca
>
> Sounds like https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/12281
>
> In which case there are no tables involved. The recorder can get into a state where the UI thinks it's recording, even though it's not. So it can't be stopped/deleted and never finishes.
>
> The Db is untainted, so a restart is all that is required.
>
> Were you trying to stop/delete an in-progress recording ?

Yep, exactly like that ticket. Thanks. It's rare, seems to be only with my DCX3200MP3 when I start getting 0-byte or truncated recordings and I Delete+Rerecord them in-progress because I've noticed. One more WTF? moment handled easily with that box.

--
A little of Jerome's MythTV World: http://mythtv.bss.ab.ca