[mythtv-users] Frontend for Apple TV 4

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at cogeco.ca
Tue Nov 10 16:23:10 UTC 2015

> On Nov 10, 2015, at 10:05 AM, Bart Whiteley <bart.lists at whiteley.org> wrote:
>
> On Sun, Nov 8, 2015 at 6:04 AM, Craig Treleaven <ctreleaven at cogeco.ca <mailto:ctreleaven at cogeco.ca>> wrote:
> The web site doesn’t have much infornmation but the developer hangs out on the SiliconDust forum quite often.  He is trying out different de-interlacing options and getting feedback from his beta group.  Recently, he posted saying: "The A8 in the new apple tv is a beast and handles decoding full HD video without a sweat."
>

> CPU utilization is around 60% while playing HD MPEG2 on the new Apple TV.

1080i or 720p?

Which de-interlacer are you using?  Do you offer de-interlacing options?

Does your client mark recordings played automatically?  Is the current playback position saved on exit so one can resume where we left off?  Just on your client or on Mythfrontend?  Does your client offer commerical skipping?  Playback at 1.1 or 1.2 times normal?  None of these are deal-breakers, but they are nice features of the native frontend.

Just for interest, what protocol do you use to connect to the backend?  The Services API?  Did you previously do an iOS client or is this brand new?

Craig