[mythtv-users] Frontend for Apple TV 4

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Tue Nov 10 11:37:01 UTC 2015

jedi <jedi at mishnet.org> wrote:

> Apple's apparent
> hostility to MPEG2 has always intrigued me.

Really simple and short answer - they don't give a **** because that doesn't earn them anything !

Remember that Apple long since abandoned all but a pretence about it being about "the customer" - now it's clear that the whole strategy is about proprietary systems, customer locking, walled gardens, and taking a slice (30%) of everything the user spends.

Perhaps I'm just getting cynical, but I get the impression that any ability they offer to access "your own stuff" is incidental and only allowed grudgingly on the basis that they can't get away with not supporting it (yet).