[mythtv-users] tmdb issues today?

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 18:52:02 UTC 2015

Hoi Hika,

> Hoi Paul,

> Monday, November 9, 2015, 7:17:45 PM, you wrote:

>>> Okay, the weirdness with tmdb3 continues today.
>>>
>>> Nov  9 11:30:26 buster mythfrontend.real: mythfrontend[4887]: I
>>> MetadataDownload metadatagrabber.cpp:455 (RunGrabber) Running Grabber:
>>> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Movie/tmdb3.py -l en -a CA -D 14637
>>> Nov  9 11:30:27 buster mythfrontend.real: mythfrontend[4887]: I
>>> MetadataDownload metadatagrabber.cpp:455 (RunGrabber) Running Grabber:
>>> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Movie/tmdb3.py -l en -a CA -C 14637
>>> Nov  9 11:30:27 buster mythfrontend.real: mythfrontend[4887]: I
>>> MetadataDownload metadatadownload.cpp:187 (run) Metadata Lookup Failed: No
>>> Results Nothing But the Truth 0 0
>>> Nov  9 11:30:27 buster mythfrontend.real: mythfrontend[4887]: I
>>> CoreContext videodlg.cpp:3347 (customEvent) No results found for Nothing
>>> But the Truth 0 0
>>>
>>> If I ssh in and manually run:
>>>
>>> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Movie/tmdb3.py -l en -a CA -D 14637
>>>
>>> I get:
>>>
>>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>>   File "/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Movie/tmdb3.py", line 312, in <module>
>>>     main()
>>>   File "/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Movie/tmdb3.py", line 306, in main
>>>     buildSingle(args[0], opts)
>>>   File "/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Movie/tmdb3.py", line 70, in buildSingle
>>>     index = zip(*releases)[0].index(opts.country)
>>> ValueError: tuple.index(x): x not in tuple
>>>
>>> If I manually run:/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Movie/tmdb3.py -l en -a CA -C
>>> 14637
>>>
>>> I get:
>>>
>>> <?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
>>> <metadata/>
>>>
>>> Here's another odd thing: If I strip off the '-l en -a CA' I get different
>>> results.as in the bare -D 14637 command gives me an XML response full of
>>> movie information.
>>>
>>> This has all worked beautifully before. Did a recent change break things
>>> or did tmdb change something on their side?
>>>
>>> Hope the additional info helps.
>>>
>>> I had exactly the same issue a week or so ago. I'm in New Zealand BTW and
>> so I has "-l en -a NZ". I modified the script to force "US" and it works
>> again, so I think it's some kind of location based issue.

>> Cheers,
>> Paul

> No both with CA, NZ or NL it works here. It makes me think of a small
> bug I fixed in youtube a few month ago, where the presence of some
> default was wrongly assumed. I have to look if I see anything similar.

Anyhow I checked in my version of tmdb3.py (version 0.3.7) and it's
not your version. line 70 in your trace is on line 64, so there are
some 6 extra lines in the top and his line 306 is at 294, so some
other extra 6 lines? If you can send me your version I can have a
look.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven