[mythtv-users] Seek Table Hell

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Sun Nov 8 22:53:49 UTC 2015

On 08/11/15 15:46, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 08/11/15 05:09, James Linder wrote:
>>

>> 1) Does anybody view uPnP on a Samsung with cutlist honoured? If so how?
>> 2) Where can I learn
>>
>> Thanks
>> James
>
> If you can play your original recordings via UPnP you might try
> mythDVBcut in its non-Project-X mode; it just chops out the sections of
> the recording defined by the cutlist.  It isn't set up as a 'proper'
> userjob - but then neither is avidemux...
>
> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythDVBcut

And it's worth remembering that the UPnP code had major changes a year
ago in master.  You might well find that it would Just Work in 0.28-pre.

I said in another UPnP-related thread a few days ago that it worked for
me in 0.27.4  - but it depends.  I had only tried UK HD recordings on
that box.  My TV doesn't play cut .mpg recordings in mpeg2-ps format
from fixes.