[mythtv-users] Frontend for Apple TV 4

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at cogeco.ca
Sat Nov 7 14:08:20 UTC 2015

> On Nov 7, 2015, at 12:24 AM, Tom Harris <thom.j.harris at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I was surprised to find a MythTV app in the Apple TV 4 app store.   So, I thought I would give it a try for the $4 app cost.
>
> It worked quite well for me.  It played my HD MPEG2 (US Broadcast) recordings quite well.  It doesn’t do live TV, schedule recordings, or any other mythfrontend features.. it just plays recordings.  But, that’s all I want from a frontend 95% of the time.
>
> The main thing I found lacking was the navigation.  Right/Left arrows didn’t do the skip forward/back you would expect.  You could only move in the video via the new remote’s touchpad control on the video timeline.  That touchpad is probably great for a lot of things, but doing 30 second skips is not one of them.
>
> Overall, I thought it was a really solid first version.  If the skip forward/back controls are added it could become my primary frontend.

What is the exact name?  Can you provide a link?

Re playing un-transcoded recordings, is your AppleTV on a wired connection or wireless (which flavour)?

I don’t have a new Apple TV, but I understand that at least some players implement a 10 second skip forward/back by tapping on the right/left of the player bar.  Have you tried that?

Thanks for the report!

Craig