[mythtv-users] lirc config for u-verse (Cisco IPN4320)

John Adams mythtv at onevista.com
Mon Nov 2 01:40:35 UTC 2015

On Sun, 01 Nov 2015 20:08:16 -0500
"Richard F. Ostrow Jr." <rich at warfaresdl.com> wrote:

> I've done a google search, I've tried my streamzap receiver (which
> blinks, but refuses to capture anything), thrown in my old
> USB_UIRT2_RAW transceiver and run irrecord... and I've had no luck
> getting the IR codes from the remote for this device. Has anyone
> successfully generated codes for it yet? In my case, the best I've
> been able to do is generate codes via irrecord using the
> USB_UIRT2_RAW device (without templates)... which generates about 4
> unique codes for all buttons (meaning the rest are duplicates).
> Interestingly enough, when watching via irw in such cases, holding a
> button down will sometimes show up as one code, then as another code.
> I've tried using the generic templates on it, and the only one that
> appeared to work at all was "RCMM-32.conf"... but when I use irw to
> attempt to verify that it got the codes, nothing shows up. I've tried
> switching to raw mode (-f option), but irrecord then fails
> immediately on every button press after the pattern recognition stage
> with the most descriptive error message ever: "Something went wrong".
>
> I'm beginning to think that there's some form of encryption on the
> codes... but that's ridiculous, isn't it?

I have a PACE IPH8000 which uses the RCMM protocol.  You can find the
conf file at:  http://www.onevista.com/lircd.conf
Maybe that will help you get started.

The RCMM protocol encodes two bits in each signal and uses the length
of the space between the pulses to determine which two bits.

--
John Adams (mythtv at onevista.com)