[mythtv-users] BUG: mythfilldatabase changes sports to series if episode numbering present

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Sun May 31 13:22:42 UTC 2015

Hoi All,

I noticed earlier a weird thing in my mythweb EPG. A whole row of
sports events were tagged as series. (GrandPrix Silverstone). It
happens sometimes that a source has a program wrongly tagged, but a
whole row?
So I did some research. All sources had it correctly set to category
Sports, including the resulting xmltv file. Only when looking further
I saw it also had episode numbering. When I removed those numberings
from the xmltv file and reimported the file, they were properly tagged
as Sports.

I looked at the source code, although I do not really know C. And
indeed at line 468 and 512 in mythfilldatabase/xmltvparser.cpp on
finding episode numbering:

 pginfo->categoryType = ProgramInfo::kCategorySeries;

 I don't see it anywhere setting kCategoryMovie or kCategorySports so
 I guess it handels that somewhere else. But at those two lines it
 should check further for instance for a category Sports, Movie or
 Film!

 I now, in creating the xmltv file, strip episode numbering from any
 program of category Sports.

 I didn't notice before. I rarely watch sports, but it makes me wonder
 what happens to a movie with episode numbering. I guess they exist.

--
Tot Mails,
 Hika                          mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com
Mijn Mailadres is gewijzigd. Zie hierboven!

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop
Het eeuwige dilemma

De lerende Mens