[mythtv-users] Update on MythTV Player

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Sat May 30 22:51:44 UTC 2015

On 05/30/2015 01:26 PM, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> On Sat, May 30, 2015 at 6:06 PM, Bill Meek <keemllib at gmail.com> wrote:
>> It's been so long, I'm not clear. But in Videos, on a specific video,
>> press m -> Retrieve All Details. Maybe someone else will chime in if
>> there's a way to do a bulk retrieve.
>
> Not exactly sure this is what you are looking for, but the "cheat sheet"
> section talks about some bulk upgrade commands:
>
> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Enhancing_Recordings_with_Metadata_Lookup
>
> (Note: I have not tried this to see if it fixes the OPs particular issue,
> I just recalled there is a wiki article on forcing lookups.)
>
> Caveat Emptor

Thanks, sometimes I forget there are Wikis.

That works great for recordings. but in this case the OP has lots of
recordings that are already moved to videos.

This is helpful: https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Video_Library#Mass_Metadata_Grabbing
and links to this (that's important) https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythVideo_File_Parsing

E.g cp -p whatever/1111_20151212000000.mpg to wherever/Some Title/Season n/Subtitle.mpg or Episode m.mpg

mythutil --scanvideos (or use the GUI.) The do the m -> Retrieve All Details
mentioned earlier. Just copied 16 recordings to videos A-OK. Banners, Coverart
and Fanart just appear like magic.

Caveat Utilitor

--
Bill