[mythtv-users] Slave now records but deletes recordings within the hour

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Sat May 30 02:36:54 UTC 2015

> Hoi Robin,
>
> Friday, May 29, 2015, 12:05:20 AM, you wrote:
>
>> Oh what a sorry state my system is in!!
>
>> The slave now records having pointed it at 500gigs of disk partition but
>> within the hour the recording has disappeared unless I manually turn off
>> the expire flag.
>
>> Its set as 20gigs free space and there are no log messages indicating
>> that
>> it is actually expiring anything, they just go!!
>
>> What log options (master and slave) should I use to find out what is
>> going
>> on?
>
> There is an option whether every backend manages it's own diskspace or
> that the master will. I don't know where precisely. My guess, it's set
> to let the master manage it. What if you change it?

Thanks for all the help over the last few days with trying to get a slave
backend going.

I've solved the issue by scrapping the whole idea, I've put the dodgy
capture card into the (new) master backend and keep my fingers crossed
that it holds together until I get a better solution to talking to the
STB.

One of the really frustrating things was running mythtv-setup on one
backend and it changed all the settings on both of them. My expectation
was the setup should all happen on the master with only the capture card
setup happening on the slave (which needs access to the physical device).

Never mind...

Just one more issue to sort out now :)

--
Robin Gilks