[mythtv-users] Fetch TV and MythTV (Australia only)

Michael Watson michael at thewatsonfamily.id.au
Fri May 29 05:01:27 UTC 2015

On 29/05/2015 2:14 PM, Phill Edwards wrote:

> > How does FetchTV work exactly?
> > Does it have a channel based setup (like normal TV/Foxtel) or do you
> select what you want to watch from a Menu type setup?
>
> I set out up only last night. It has an EPG which is a mixture of
> Australian free to air DVB-T channels and some world channels such as
> BBC Knowledge, ESPN etc. I think the free to airs come down the aerial
> and the world channels stream down the internet connection.
>
> All programs are presented in an EPG from where you can watch
> whatever's on now or set it to record.

You could use an analogue capture card connected to the composite
connections on the STB, and control the box with an IR Blaster, this is
how I record foxtel using myth.  You could most likely use shepherd to
get your program data, thats if the channels are the same content as the
Foxtel Channels - Havent checked if shepherd has options for FetchTV
program data retrieval.