[mythtv-users] MythTV stops recording shows

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Wed May 27 14:38:01 UTC 2015

Hoi Eric,

> On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 10:07 AM, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hoi Michael,
>>
>> Wednesday, May 27, 2015, 3:53:09 PM, you wrote:

>>> In theory, if detailed description and episode info is missing, the
>>> episode should be marked as a generic (defined as any show whose program
>>> ID, subtitle, and description are empty; or whose program ID is empty
>>> and category type is series; or (for Schedules Direct users) whose
>>> program ID ends with '0000').
>>
>> Good. But with me then most of the time description is not missing,
>> but only contains generic info about the series. So they are matched as
>> duplicates.

> And they have a non-zero/non-empty program ID?  Which matches a
> previously recorded program ID?

> Eric

No. Because of missing episode info no program ID is created. I can
not find reliable sources for all channels for that info. And for the
channels I can, not to far in the future. So matching is then only
done on the description, which as said is rarely empty.

It's already a lot better, for before there was no episode info for
any channel at all. So description was the only source for duplicate
matching.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven