[mythtv-users] MythTV stops recording shows

DaveD mythtv at guiplot.com
Wed May 27 04:17:07 UTC 2015

Every now and then, I find that MythTV has stopped recording a show.  I
delete the entry from the schedules and re-enter it and the shows will
be recorded normally.  Until the next time.  I'm not sure how often this
happens (maybe I should start keeping a log and look for patterns), but
it seems like maybe a year or two.  For example, we just saw an ad for
Frontiline and my wife asked if it was scheduled to record.  I assumed
it was (it used to be!) but checked to be sure.  It was not scheduled to
record.  I checked the schedules and it was supposed to be, but it
wasn't.  I deleted the old schedule and re-scheduled it and it is now
queued to record.

Are there ID numbers on series that MythTV uses (similar to the XMTVID
for channels) that get changed by the broadcaster or Schedules Direct?
What changes that causes it to stop recording shows it has been
recording for months (if not years)?  Some times this happens when the
name changes (like "Masterpiece" that became "Masterpiece Classic" or
"The Late Show" became "The Late Show With David Letterman"), but it
also happens when there is no visible change.  Anyone else see this?

Dave D.