[mythtv-users] some questions about mythmusic usage

Vincent McIntyre vincent.mcintyre at gmail.com
Sun May 24 11:16:05 UTC 2015

Hi

I have a CD I am trying to rip which seems to have an
identifier code that is the same as another freedb entry.
(I'm not actually sure which database it is using,
 the docs refer to freedb so I am assuming that).

Before commencing the rip (to flac, ie 'perfect' mode)
I was able to edit the artist, album name, genre, year.
I was unable to edit any of the track titles.

Questions:
1. Should I be able to edit the track titles before ripping?
   If so, could someone help me figure out how to do that?
   If not, why not?

2. Can I change the song names post-rip?
   https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythMusic seems to suggest yes,
   but I am still digesting all that text.

3. In the track listing, I unticked all but the first track.
   Then I hit the 'Rip CD' button.

   The first track was duly ripped and written to disk,
   but mythmusic appeared to read all the others and not
   write them to disk. I got the desired result, but the
   implemntation was surprising - I was expecting that mythmusic
   would return to the ripping screen after completing all
   selected tracks, i.e. just the first one.
   Can anyone explain why it doesn't do that?

4. After a certain length of time the box showing
   'Rip completed successfully [ok]' disappeared
   and the rip ran again, without me touching anything
   (at least, as far as I recall).
   I waited again after the second rip, nothing happened.
   Could that have been a keyboard double-strike?
   I was using a plain vanilla USB keyboard.

Hope someone has a little time to reply.
Cheers
Vince

system details...

$ cat /etc/lsb-release
DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu
DISTRIB_RELEASE=12.04
DISTRIB_CODENAME=precise
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu 12.04.5 LTS"

$ /usr/bin/mythfrontend --version
MythTV Version : v0.27.4-59-g6b73976
MythTV Branch : fixes/0.27
Network Protocol : 77
Library API : 0.27.20141016-1
QT Version : 4.8.1
Options compiled in:
 linux profile use_hidesyms using_alsa using_oss using_pulse
using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_crystalhd using_dvb
using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_ceton using_hdpvr
using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libcec using_libcrypto
using_libdns_sd using_libfftw3 using_libxml2 using_lirc using_mheg
using_opengl using_opengl_video using_qtwebkit using_qtscript
using_qtdbus using_sdl using_taglib using_v4l2 using_x11 using_xrandr
using_xv using_profiletype using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
using_bindings_php using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_vaapi
using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_mheg using_libass using_libxml2