[mythtv-users] HDHR Prime queries

James Miller gajs-f0el at dea.spamcon.org
Fri May 22 15:49:45 UTC 2015

On Thu, 21 May 2015, James Miller wrote:

> Just out of curiosity, had I gotten the DTA I was offered at the TWC store,
> would anything have gone differently (I have no component video in on this
> machine and I believe there was no component video out on the DTA)? The DRM
> restrictions would still have prevented me from recording anything, right?

I found something related to this question that was posted on this list by
Gary Buhrmaster last fall. To quote from that post (Sept 9th, 2014), "on
TWC the simple answer for a MythTV system that can record anything more
than the locals is the TWC STB and a HDPVR (gen 1)." So, is the HDPVR
mentioned, in combination with the STB (with component video out), still
the sure-fire solution? I should mention that I was mistaken in stating
that I don't have component video in on this machine: I actually do, on my
HVR-1950's, have component video in. Would they work in conjunction with
said STB?