[mythtv-users] python (in mythburn.py)

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Thu May 21 15:47:15 UTC 2015

On 25/02/15 02:42, James Linder wrote:

<snip>

   File "/usr/local/share/mythtv/mytharchive/scripts/mythburn.py",
line 883, in getDefaultParametersFromMythTVDB
     cursor.execute(sqlstatement, configHostname)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/MythTV/_conn_mysqldb.py", line
71, in execute
     raise MythDBError(MythDBError.DB_RAW, e.args)
MythTV.exceptions.MythDBError: MySQL error: not all arguments
converted during string formatting

<snip and fix top posting>

On 21/05/15 08:38, Jaakko Heikkilä wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I just happened to have same problem, and I can say that your
> configuration file is just fine. There is an error in Python code.
>
> And here is the fix:
> File: mythburn.py line: 883
> Change line from:
> cursor.execute(sqlstatement, configHostname)
> to:
> cursor.execute(sqlstatement, (configHostname,))
>
> MySQLdb requires that parameters are passed as a sequence:
> http://mysql-python.sourceforge.net/MySQLdb.html#some-examples
>
> BR,
> Jaska

I haven't seen the original problem, in frequent mytharchive runs, but
just made that change and successfully created a dvd image - so thanks
for the 'fix'.  I'm running 0.28-pre, from just before the change to
qt5, in SL7.

I have been getting occasional frontend segfaults during the process of
selecting recordings for conversion, when the log will show 'loading
encoding profiles' shortly beforehand.  I never re-encode within
mytharchive and I'm using a few unapproved patches, so there seemed
little point in reporting it.  I suppose it might be related.  I haven't
pursued it.

John P