[mythtv-users] Letterman finale runs long

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Thu May 21 10:15:15 UTC 2015

On Thu, 2015-05-21 at 01:26 -0400, Ian Evans wrote:
> I'm heartbroken. I never even thought that CBS would let the show run 25
> minutes or so long, so even with an added five minutes, I don't have the
> end of the comedy legend's finale.

Why are you surprised?  CBS are the same network that almost every week
(during sporting event seasons) screws up the Sunday night schedule to
allow sporting events to run late.  I hate CBS.  They want their cake
and they want to eat it too.  They refuse to schedule a throw-away
program after the sporting event to buffer overruns because they want
their precious 60 minutes to run at 7pm (ET).  Although that never
happens so I wonder why they care so much.

I avoid watching/recording that channel at all costs.  I have it's score
in my PVR adjusted to very low so that I can record from any another
channel if at all possible.

> If you're on the West Coast of North America, adjust your recordings
> tonight. Heck add an hour.

Or boycott CBS and don't watch/record them.

> Twitter is already filling up with scores of sad/angry/devastated tweets
> about people's PVRs cutting it short.

I'm sure CBS are dutifully ignoring all of the complaints.  They don't
care about you, the viewer.  In fact you are what they are selling.  As
long as they can continue to sell you to their advertisers, what you
think is of complete irrelevance.

> Not sure if CBS will find a way to make this up.

Lol.  Now you are just being silly.  :-)

b.