[mythtv-users] [mythtv] Add Season/Episode/InetRefNum support to mythlink.pl (#32)

Peter Bennett (cats22) cats22 at comcast.net
Tue May 19 14:16:32 UTC 2015

On 05/18/2015 06:34 AM, schlussbilanz wrote:

> Is it possible to use mythlink to create the links to movies in a
> directory "movies" and the links to series in a directory "series"?
> I would use kodi as a additional frontend for watching the records in
> another room and it wants separate directorys for movies and series to
> fill the local database correctly.

> <https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/pull/32#issuecomment-103011705>.

I am forwarding this to the mythtv users mailing list
<mythtv-users at mythtv.org> since that is where this type of question is
best answered.

I am not sure if there is a field in the database that identifies
whether a show is a movie or a series and whether mythlink.pl supports it.

However I recommend the kodi mythtv plugin. It is a full featured
frontend. I am using it for two televisions and it integrates very
nicely with mythtv. All your recordings are available, with metadata,
grouped under the recording groups and series. Live TV also works well.
Getting the correct version of the plugin was problematic, but once you
have it, kodi works very well with mythtv.  Do not be confused by the
"Mythbox" plugin, that is obsolete.

Peter