[mythtv-users] Wrong Channel when recording?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu May 14 15:20:04 UTC 2015

On 05/14/2015 11:09 AM, Roger Martensson wrote:
> So today I have same channum and same callsign.  It looks as it is
> selecting the HD channel but when watching the recording it has
> recorded from the SD channel.

By definition, there's no way you can say, "It looks as it is selecting
the HD channel," because there's no way to tell them apart (to say which
one it looks like it's selecting) when they have the same channel number
and call sign.  :)

You may be saying, "MythWeb (or mythfrontend?) is showing me the program
details for the show on the HDTV channel when I select the show in
Upcoming Recordings," but that has nothing to do with what the scheduler
is going to do--it's just showing you the program details, not the
"scheduled recording" details.

If you look at the backend status, it will show, "The next 10 shows that
are scheduled for recording" and shows the "encoder" (input) and call
sign.  If you use mythbackend --printsched it shows the channel number,
the call sign, the source, the card, and the input.  But none of those
will tell you which of the 2 "identical for the purposes of Live TV and
scheduling" (due to identical channel numbers and identical call signs,
respectively) channels will be used to record it (at least in your
one-input system).

Mike