[mythtv-users] Wrong Channel when recording?

Roger Mårtensson roger.martensson at gmail.com
Wed May 13 20:09:55 UTC 2015

Daryl McDonald skrev den 2015-05-13 21:42:

> On May 13, 2015 1:23 PM, "Hika van den Hoven" <hikavdh at gmail.com
> <mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com>> wrote:
> >
> > Hoi Roger,
> >
> > Wednesday, May 13, 2015, 6:02:59 PM, you wrote:
> >
> > > Hello!
> >
> > > I'm trying to find out if I'm seeing a bug or not. Maybe someone
> of you
> > > could help me. I think I am doing all the right things.
> >
> > > This is what happens. This is on a DVB-C setup.
> > > I have two channels that contain the same content and are on the same
> > > input. (Same cardid)
> > > These two channels are the same except one of them is in HD.
> > > So I combined them into one channel. The HD-channel has priority
> of 0 and
> > > the SD-channel has -1.
> >
> > > When looking in mythweb is looks like it is selecting the HD-channel.
> > > When looking in the mythbackend log it says it selects the
> HD-channel. It
> > > selects the right cardid and right chanid.
> >
> > > But the result is that it don't record from the HD-channel.
> >
> > > When looking in the database the data seems correct. At looking at the
> > > mplexid for the channel it seems to point at the right frequency
> (compared
> > > to a w_scan I did earlier).
> >
> > > What else could I do to debug this? Any debug flags I could use to
> give me
> > > more information?
> >
> > > This is mythtv 0.2u on a 32-bit mythbuntu based on 12.04. Using a
> fixes
> > > installation installed a week ago (since this mail was sent).
> >
> > > Any help would be appreciated.
> >
> > I don't know what is happening, but if you mark the HD channel as HD
> > and add to your rule to prefer HD (the High definition filter)... What
> > happens then?

[snip]

> Maybe the two channels need to be separated and given
> unique/appropriate xmlid'

Thats what I'm hoping I wouldn't need to do.
At the moment I have in the database same channum, callsign but
different name for the Channel. This makes it possible to have two
different xmltv-ids. It sure looks like it is choosing the HD-channel
but it is not using it when recording.

So what I want to know if this is a case that is supported or do I have
to split up the channels.