[mythtv-users] Anyone using an HP MCE IR receiver with a Sky remote control?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon May 11 17:59:03 UTC 2015

On 11 May 2015 at 18:17, Jan Ceuleers <jan.ceuleers at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/05/15 18:38, Nick Morrott wrote:
>> It looks as though the kernel *is* seeing things (I see details of
>> pulse and space timings with rc-core debugging enabled), it just isn't
>> able to decode them into something useful.
>
> BTW: I recommend that you also consult the lirc mailing list:
>
> lirc-list at lists.sourceforge.net
>
> Alec Leamas (principal lirc author) and Bengt Martensson (author of
> irscrutinizer) hang out there.

Bearing in mind all of the relevant (AIUI) code is in the kernel I was
thinking of asking first on the linux-media list. I didn't want to
cross-post to lirc-list in the first instance but will follow up there
if I don't get any further.

I'll try and have a look at the linux-media code over the next few
days and see if it reveals anything interesting.

Seems I lucked out and managed to pick the worst possible combo of
receiver and remote for a quite, painless install!

Thanks,
Nick