[mythtv-users] Has anyone on the list used the TBS 5220 USB DVB-T2 tuner?

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Mon May 11 10:49:02 UTC 2015

On Mon, 11 May 2015 10:35:01 +0100, you wrote:

>Any feedback?
>
>Is it stable......are the drivers up to date (their website states
>kernel 4 is supported).
>
>Does it support multi recordings off one mux?

All DVB-S/S2 and DVB-T/T2 support multirec.  The support is more in
MythTV than the drivers - if the drivers work with MythTV, then it can
do multirec.  The drivers can have an extra option that allows them or
the device itself to do the filtering of what data streams are sent to
the CPU, reducing the load on the CPU a bit, but it is really not
necessary to have that option as the CPU does not have to do much to
record data from a DVB tuner.