[mythtv-users] mysql filling up hard drive

Scott Moncrieff scottcmoncrieff at gmail.com
Thu May 7 22:14:49 UTC 2015

Something disastrous seems to have happened to my Mythtv backend.

I got a low disk space warning pop up and the computer became unresponsive.
I powered off and rebooted and it happened again so next time I opened the
system monitor and watched the hard drive fill up from 23% full up to 99%
in the space of 5 minutes then jump back down to 23% and start again and it
keeps cycling round like this.

The process writing to the disk is mysqld - usr/sbin/mysqld

I managed to use backup and restore in the Mythbuntu Control centre to
backup to a flash drive. I then restored a clonzilla backup of the system
from 6 months ago and it runs ok until I restore the database backup and
then the hard drive starts filling up again.

Any idea what may be happening or how to trouble shoot it? The drive is
filling up very quickly (128gb SSD) and the system becomes unresponsive so
it I only have a minute or so to do anything after re booting.