[mythtv-users] unable to find any channels....

plainface boy plainfaceboy at hotmail.com
Tue May 5 10:53:11 UTC 2015

> Message: 11> Date: Sun, 3 May 2015 11:03:36 +0100
> From: Another Sillyname <anothersname at googlemail.com>
> To: Discussion about MythTV <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] unable to find any channels....
>
> If you have power cycled the box and it's still not working try using
> dvb-apps to see if the card is seeing channels in a non myth
> environment.
>
> http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/LinuxTV_dvb-apps
>
> On 3 May 2015 at 10:57, Another Sillyname <anothersname at googlemail.com> wrote:
> > Sorry to ask the obvious 'IT Crowd' question first but have you power
> > cycled the unit?
> >
> > On 3 May 2015 at 10:03, PlainFaceBoy <plainfaceboy at hotmail.com> wrote:
> >> I've had Mythtv 0.28 working for some time with Ubuntu 14.04, but suddenly
> >> it seems to have lost all channels.
> >> I noticed this when a scheduled recording didn't exist ie was 0GB.
> >> I've got a dual DVB-T and DVB-S (freeview and freesat) card (HVR4000), but
> >> neither are working.
> >> I've tried deleting the card and re-adding, but when it comes to scan for
> >> channels, it doesn't find anything on either satellite or terrestrial.
> >> The leads seem fine and the signal strenth is ok. Freeview works ok on
> >> normal TV etc.
> >>
> >> Could any recent Mythtv updates have done something? What might have
> >> changed?
> >> Any suggestions?
> >> Thanks.

I tried various things with no success, but eventually did a fresh install, which immediately brought my DVD drive back. I've now installed Ubuntu 14.04.2 from ISO but am wondering if I will get issues with mythtv 0.28?
eg When installing the mesa-vdpau-drivers which I thought I need for
mythtv, I now get unmet dependencies (re. libcheese and libclutter).
Am I going to have problems? Do I still need these mesa-vdpau-drivers drivers?
I also got the same dependency issues with things I previously installed to get the proprietary AMD drivers working.
I can give try mythtv 0.28 but am wondering if anyone has any advice on mythtv 0.28 with Ubuntu 14.04.2 - if there
are any known issues, and/or if I should stick with older versions? (though could I even go back to 0.27 if my database schema is now 0.28)??
Thanks.