[mythtv-users] MythTV Player 1.1.9 available to all in the Google Play Store

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Fri May 1 21:36:09 UTC 2015

On Fri, May 1, 2015 at 1:09 PM, Daniel Frey <dmfrey at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yikes! That's a library there.  Is it all movies and tv series?

It's actually quite a modest selection.  Just a handful really.

> Home movies
> and such thrown in as well?

No, those are all segregated out and handled by MythGallery.

>  Does myth resolve all the metadata for your
> whole library?

Mostly.

The point is that it's a large number of files, but not a large number
of movies.  When you import a BluRay disc image, a single disc can
have a large number of files.  My worst one is The Lion King:

mythtered% find /var/lib/mythvideo/BluRay/THE_LION_KING -type f | wc -l
1614

That's one disc.  The numbers vary a lot but it seems to average
around 600 files per disc.  With numbers like that you can reach 13K
files without having much of a library.

Bill, I'll get you the more detailed info you requested later tonight
or tomorrow.

Eric