[mythtv-users] MythTV Player 1.1.9 available to all in the Google Play Store

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Fri May 1 18:27:35 UTC 2015

On 05/01/2015 11:52 AM, Eric Sharkey wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 11:10 AM, Daniel Frey <dmfrey at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Eric,
>> The FE's allow you to switch between a browse view and directory list view.
>> I will try to implement something similar.  It is gonna take some time, as I
>> figure the best approach for this. But I will try to put this in in a future
>> release.
>
> Thanks Dan.
>
> I'm curious how this works for other people.  Am I an outlier?
>
> mythtered% find /var/lib/mythvideo/ -type f | wc -l
> 13793

Eric,

I wouldn't say outlier, however, I tested with a 13700 less videos and
230 some recordings. My <ContentType>MOVIE</ContentType> videos are
all single files and my <ContentType>TELEVISION</ContentType> are in
one directory per title. Those are selected in a drop-down by Season.
So, for example, one show has 4 Seasons worth of recordings and when
I select a Season, I only see the Episodes in it.

Could you pastebin an ls -lAR of just one of your large video titles?
Hopefully a complex one.

Also, if you could do: <yourBackend>:6544/Video/GetVideoList and in
your browser look for: 00019. The app only knows what it gets from the
BE, so 00019 should be in there. If you then backup looking for

     <Id>someNumber</Id>

Finally, curl <yourBackend>:6544/Video/GetVideo?Id=<IdFromAbove>|sed "s/></>\n</g"

I know that's a lot, but I'm trying to understand the layout and
how it's returned to the app. If you'd prefer to just do the
GetVideoList and paste the output somewhere, I can work with
that too. Note that it will appear OK in the browser, but it's
all on a single line (I can do the above sed to work with that
or use some other tools.)

--
Bill