[mythtv-users] ECS Liva Help

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Tue Mar 31 18:39:35 UTC 2015


On 31/03/15 19:11, Ken Mink wrote:
> I purchased a ECS Liva (not X) to test drive for use as a FE system. I
> am getting nowhere on the install. I have the kb, mouse and usb drive on
> a powered hub. I am trying to use Ubuntu 14.04 Desktop for installation.
> The problem I am having is that as soon as the installer tries to go
> graphical mode, the Liva reboots. No errors or anything on the screen.
> It just goes black and few seconds later, the bios screen shows up.
>
> I have also tried using SystemRescueCD, with the same results. I see all
> the startup messages scroll by. When it goes start the graphical
> desktop; reboot. If I have it go to text mode only, it's fine. A startx
> will cause a reboot.
>
> I have tried it on a couple different televisions and it's now connected
> to a monitor and all show the same results. Do I have a bum unit? Is
> there something I'm missing for booting; kernel parameters, etc? Any
> thoughts?
>
> Thanks,
> Ken

I think I've seen this sort of thing in the past with nvidia hardware 
when the installed GL or GLX has not been an nvidia-sourced version 
matching the nvidia driver.  If you can see Xorg.0.log that might help.

John



More information about the mythtv-users mailing list