[mythtv-users] Need to update kernel because of PCTV 292e stick .. help

Damian myth at surr.co.uk
Mon Mar 30 20:12:24 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I've plugged my new PCTV trippleStick (292e) into my backend server, but
it's not being detected.

I then read that it needs Kernel 3.16 or newer.

I run MythBuntu and assumed that it had a pretty recent Kerel, but found ...
uname -r
3.13.0-48-generic

Is there a very safe and easy way for me to update the kernel to 3.16
(or newer)? I really don't want to break anything, so if it's not
incredibly easy, I'd probably rather wait until MythBuntu catches up to
the right version.

What do you think?

Thanks,
Damian