[mythtv-users] Ion2 Optimizations

Michael Wisniewski mikewiz38 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 19:14:39 UTC 2015

Will,

I full understand what you mean.  Some things are in the FE, some the BE,
and some in xorg.  From the top of my head...  On the frontend, if you go
into the settings -> audio, you choose what audio card to use and the
capabilities of that card (IE: dolby digital, plus, dts(?), things like
that).  In there, there's a checkbox for '5.1 upmix'.

I'd be interested to hear if it works for you too as well as it worked for
me. There's still an occasional pop in the audio, but I would say this
option helped it the most.

Good Luck!