[mythtv-users] MythTV pretty Directory

Jay Foster jayf0ster at roadrunner.com
Mon Mar 30 15:57:59 UTC 2015

I'm running mythbuntu 14.04.2 (v0.27.4-41-gf1115fc).  I noticed that
there is a directory named "pretty" in my mythtv directory.  The pretty
directory contains symbolic links to files in the recordings directory.
However, it seems that many of those symbolic links are broken (ie, link
to recording files which have long since been deleted).

What is this directory for?  What creates it?  Why are the symbolic
links not removed when the corresponding recording is deleted?

Jay