[mythtv-users] USB DVB-T2 tuners

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Fri Mar 27 22:56:12 UTC 2015

On 27/03/15 18:07, David Watkins wrote:
> On 27 March 2015 at 11:25, Ian Oliver <lists at foxhill.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> In article <5514521F.6060608 at randomtraveller.org.uk>, Mike Perkins wrote:
>>> If anyone wants to record HD, they just scroll down and choose from the
>> HD
>>> channels
>>
>> Ah, so users still see BBC1 SD in the list as well as BBC1 HD? I was
>> wondering whether to remove the SD channels and perhaps renumber the HD
>> ones
>> into the gap?
>>

> BBC1 SD and BBC1HD  have separate guide data and do always show the same
> programmes.
>
> I have  DVBT and DVBT2 tuners,  I have left the SD channels enabled on my
> DVBT2 tuner but given the HD channels a priority tweak.
>
> I generally use the "Record at any time on any channel" option, which will
> prefer the HD version due to the higher priority.

Not entirely true. At this time the BBC HD channels don't carry local variations
like the local news and programs like "Inside Out". Most are exactly the same
but it is possible to get caught out.

It is possible that the ITV HD channels operate on the same principle, not
carrying the regional programming.

--

Mike Perkins