[mythtv-users] Time to move to an HDMI stick for FEs?

Kris Jensen kris.jensen.knj at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 19:49:58 UTC 2015

On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 12:33 PM, Thomas Mashos <thomas at mashos.com> wrote:

> I've gotten it to boot semi-successfully, however I've run into two
> problems.
>
> 1) Anytime I try to boot anything but the installed windows (EFI shell,
> USB ubuntu stick) it will auto-arrow key up repeatedly. I've tried
> different settings to resolve this in the BIOS (and different keyboards)
> but nothing seems to work. Until I fix this, point two is moot.

Yes, I have this issue as well (and lots of others as well). Bug? maybe.
Some measure to thwart non MS-OS? likely. I have seen no BIOS that fixes
it. yet. However you can boot an install CD, with the boot32.efi trick.
Then chroot is your friend.

> 2) Ubuntu fails to boot and complains the NTFS partition is either in a
> inconsistent state or is in hibernation. I've not looked at this too much
> since it's kinda pointless to do so without fixing #1.

I have not tried duel booting OS's. So cant help there.

Have you seen? (
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Cp8PHEmNrlDufVoDpeEqNEdGWJi_cZ_Mo6VC7QDeN8s/edit?pli=1)
   Good tips there.

Hope it's of help