[mythtv-users] Time to move to an HDMI stick for FEs?

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 19:18:36 UTC 2015

On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 6:24 PM, Michael A Weber <mweberjunk01 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I’ve been reading about a Linux version to be released that is supposed to
> be about $40 US cheaper than the Windows version.

As I recall, the "Linux" version has less memory and storage,
which presumably accounts for some (most?) of the difference
(the "Bing Edition" of Windows is free for these devices, so
it is not the software fees that contributes to the difference).
Whether the lower memory will significantly impact the
operational capabilities/experience is an unknown until
someone performs actual benchmarks between the
devices.