[mythtv-users] Random Hard Frontend Lockups

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Fri Mar 27 01:09:40 UTC 2015

On 26/03/15 06:27 PM, Hika van den Hoven wrote:

> So the backend still runs, but the network is down!
Well the network *appears* to be down. It may not actually be down, but
not reachable.
> It means the kernel is still somehow running.
Yes: the backend and mysql are running, and recordings are made as
scheduled. That is why this is so weird

> Does syslog show any kernel exceptions?

Nothing, nada, zip, zilch and not one iota. or even a neutrino!

> Does it still respond to powering down by short pressing the power
> button? (if of cause you have set it in the bios to respond that way)

It only seems to react to a long reset. although to be clear, I am not
sure what a short press does on the system when it is NOT locked up.

Geoff