[mythtv-users] Fronted advice

John Marshall mythtv at marshallparty.org
Wed Mar 25 20:02:12 UTC 2015

On 3/25/2015 1:03 PM, Damian wrote:
> I got a bit excited todat when I started to read about the Rasbery Pi 2.
> I love the idea of buying one of those as a MythTV frontend.
> Unfortunately, further reading seemed to conclude that that's still not
> an option.

It's an option if you don't mind using Kodi(XBMC) as your frontend.

Kodi users have had good success with the ~$150 Chromeboxes, though it
takes a bit of work to get Linux running on it.  I don't see why these
wouldn't be enough for a frontend machine.  There's some help here:
http://kodi.wiki/view/Chromebox

Note that you'll have Intel graphics with a Chromebox.  The same goes
for the ECS Liva Eric mentioned.