[mythtv-users] USB DVB-T2 tuners

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Wed Mar 25 16:25:10 UTC 2015

On 25/03/15 15:49, Ian Oliver wrote:
> I've been using four Hauppauge Nove-T DVB-T sticks for many years, and
> they have been rock solid.
>
> I'm now building a new backend and want to go HD.
>
> 1) The setup when mixing SD and HD tuners looked tricky (UK Freeview if
> it matters) but maybe I should bite the bullet and just do it?
> 2) I have one Hauppauge PCTV 290e, and went to buy more, but they have
> been replaced with the 292e. Is the 290e available anywhere still?
> 3) I've seen reports on this list regards issues with the 292e and
> mythtv. Have these been fixed in the latest 14.04 LTS or should I just
> avoid the 292e?
> 4) Any other USB DVB-T2 tuners that I should look at?
> 5) Or are any of the quad tuner PCI-e cards worth looking at? I was
> one, and did some searching, but people seemed to be having issues.
> (Oh, and I only have one PCI-e slot!).
>
> Thanks
>
> Ian

There are users of the 292e who seem satisfied;  the most recently
reported difficulties seem to have been caused by the presence of a
closed source driver for a card from another manufacturer.

Look at this thread, which ends well;  if Andre is satisfied with the
pictures they're likely to be good.  Just one thing:  I'm not sure how
many of the 292s he has, and ISTR that initially there were subtleties
in setting up multiple 290s.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/584346#584346

John P