[mythtv-users] PCTV 292e not being detected by mythtv-setup

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Tue Mar 24 20:44:21 UTC 2015


On 24/03/15 19:58, Tim Draper wrote:
> looks like i'm stuck again :(
>
> i've updated kernel and i now have 3 /dev/dvb/adapterX/ devices, but not one of them work.
> the TBS tuner is moaning about missing firmwares in dmesg, and the 292e doesnt seem to find any channels via mythtv or w_scan.
>
> What now oh wise ones?
>

I'm not sure I recognise myself, but if your 292e shows up in dmesg as a 
'recognised adapter' you might do better within mythtvsetup by starting 
with pre-defined tuning parameters for your transmitter. which you can 
probably find from the net.  Then try:

https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10217#comment:15

When I first got my 290e I had almost given up.  I left vlc searching 
and apparently making no progress; came back to find it playing...

but 290 != 292

John






More information about the mythtv-users mailing list