[mythtv-users] python

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Mon Mar 23 10:40:35 UTC 2015

On 23/03/15 09:14, Yianni wrote:

>> Hi
>> if anybody has walked this road and has any advice then please …
>> I’m trying to build a dvd on my suse backend machine.
>> After finding a few python modules I got stuck. Clearly python cannot access the DB
>>
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>> File "/usr/local/share/mythtv/mytharchive/scripts/mythburn.py", line 5298, in <module>
>> main()
>> File "/usr/local/share/mythtv/mytharchive/scripts/mythburn.py", line 5165, in main
>> defaultsettings = getDefaultParametersFromMythTVDB()
>> File "/usr/local/share/mythtv/mytharchive/scripts/mythburn.py", line 883, in getDefaultParametersFromMythTVDB
>> cursor.execute(sqlstatement, configHostname)
>> File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/MythTV/_conn_mysqldb.py", line 71, in execute
>> raise MythDBError(MythDBError.DB_RAW, e.args)
>> MythTV.exceptions.MythDBError: MySQL error: not all arguments converted during string formatting
>>
>> Thanks anyone
>> James
>
> Hi, James,
>
> I am in the same suse boat as you with mythtv master installed.
>
> I came across your post when I was googling for "not all arguments... " + mythtv
>
> I investigated a bit further and in /usr/[local/]share/mythtv/mytharchive/scripts/mythburn.py
>
> I changed
> line 849 from
>   OR (hostname=%s AND value IN(

>   OR (hostname='storage' AND value IN(
>

> ('storage' is the host's name)
>
> and
> line 883 from
>
>      cursor.execute(sqlstatement, configHostname)

>      cursor.execute(sqlstatement)
>
> With these changes the script executes manually:
> python /usr/share/mythtv/mytharchive/scripts/mythburn.py -j /tmp/config/mydata.xml -l /tmp/logs/aaprogress.log
>
> but chokes further down.
>
> I solved the latter by applying the patch in:
> https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/12260
> and I just finished my first archiving successfully...
>

> I know it's not a proper solution but maybe a willing developer with a kind soul comes across this thread and decides to help...

Earlier in this thread Hika suggested checking config.xml.  I think the
LocalHostName there should be the same as the one defined in the
frontend setup, General, page 2.  It is for me, and that part of
mythburn.py works as is;  FE/BE boxes, master, sl7 and ubuntu trusty.
But you may well have more complex storage structures;  I'm surrounded
by piles of myth DVDs...