[mythtv-users] HD TV tuners, USB (UK)

Alistair Grant akgrant0710 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 20:05:37 UTC 2015

On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 10:55 PM, Damian <myth at surr.co.uk> wrote:
> Also, while I'm on USB tuners, I've had an onging MythTV problem where if
> the server it just left on for a frw months, at some point Live TV and new
> recordings will just stop working. A re-boot fixes this, but it's obviously
> annoying. I've wondered if it's caused by the USB tuners 'going to sleep' in
> some way (or refusing to wake up). Has anyone else experienced this?

Are your USB tuners connected to USB2 or USB3 ports?

There are some issues with the xHCI stack (USB3) that video devices
tend to trigger.  If you have the option of plugging the device in to
a USB2 port, either because your system has both USB2 & 3, or the BIOS
allows you to downgrade all the ports to USB2 (eHCI), it might be
worth trying.  If you have to use USB3, upgrading your kernel to
3.19.2 or trying 4.0rcLatest may be worth a shot.

Can you post your syslog from boot through to just after the problem
appears?  Also the output from lspci.

Cheers,
Alistair