[mythtv-users] state of mythweb on nginx

Tim Draper veehexx at zoho.com
Wed Mar 18 14:31:46 UTC 2015

---- On Wed, 18 Mar 2015 12:47:58 +0000 Hika van den Hoven<hikavdh at gmail.com> wrote ----
 > Hoi Tim,
 >
 > Wednesday, March 18, 2015, 10:37:18 AM, you wrote:
 >
 > > I'm getting new hardware for my home server/mythtv BE and taking a
 > > look around for alternatives to apache2 (i have other website
 > > requirements, and finding it increasing hard to find the required
 > > info/available mods when using apache with newer distros). I see
 > > that mythweb can be configured to run on nginx -
 > > https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythWeb_on_Nginx. Based on the edit
 > > timestamp and it's listed for 0.24 era, will this guide still be suitable for 0.27.4?
 >
 > > I ask because I'm not very competent with webservers yet and is the
 > > first time i've touched nginx, so relying very heavily on how-to
 > > guides to learn and implement - just making sure i'm working with good info :)
 >
 > > thanks
 >
 > I don't know about nginx.What version of apache are you using?
 > I do know, that module support for apache 2.4 is still limited. So I
 > stay for now with apache 2.2.

i'm not sure on the exact version. I was on centos7 when i jumped back to ubuntu after giving up trying to get my other websites working. the centos7 release of apache didnt have mod_scgi with it (was mod_fastcgi iirc, but i was hitting compatability issues with the change). i jumped back to ubuntu which used an earlier version of apache and had mod_scgi inclusion.
looks like theres nginx guides for getting all my websites back up so i'll play with that - worst case is i drop back to apache again.