[mythtv-users] HD TV tuners, USB (UK)

Damian myth at surr.co.uk
Tue Mar 17 21:55:47 UTC 2015

Hi All,

Now that I've got my shiny new HD projector, I'm wanting some HD TV!

I did a seach of the UK transports, but no HD channels turned up. I'm
guessing that's because my 2 Hauppauge USB tuners don't work with HD. I
believe these are the ones I bought a couple of years ago ...
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000F8RPQE?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

So, I'm in the market for one or two HD USB TV tuners.

Is that all need to do to start getting some HD content?

And can anyone recommend any?

I've seen these ...
http://www.amazon.co.uk/August-DVB-T205-Freeview-Tuner-Stick/dp/B002EHVP9C/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1426339150&sr=8-3&keywords=usb+digital+tv+tuner+uk

http://www.amazon.co.uk/August-DVB-T210-Television-Definition-Compatible/dp/B008D8K50Q/ref=pd_sim_computers_5?ie=UTF8&refRID=17FST3XRH42233TNZ4BQ

http://www.amazon.co.uk/August-DVB-T202-Freeview-Tuner-Stick/dp/B00527OCT6/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1426339150&sr=8-5&keywords=usb+digital+tv+tuner+uk

.. but I'm not exactly sure that I'm looking at the right thing.

Also, while I'm on USB tuners, I've had an onging MythTV problem where
if the server it just left on for a frw months, at some point Live TV
and new recordings will just stop working. A re-boot fixes this, but
it's obviously annoying. I've wondered if it's caused by the USB tuners
'going to sleep' in some way (or refusing to wake up). Has anyone else
experienced this?

Thanks,
Damian