[mythtv-users] Seeing what I missed during a power outage - Resolved

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Mar 16 16:48:25 UTC 2015

On 03/16/2015 12:30 PM, Doug Lytle wrote:
>>> There are many reruns of Rehab Addict, both on HGTV and DIY, and we've already seen them, so there would likely be lots of them that we'd delete
> Then select the option for 'New episode' in MythWeb

Or take the opposite approach you're taking now--rather than
"whitelisting" which episodes to record, you can "blacklist" those
episodes to not record.  Set up an any time/any channel rule for the
show, then once every 2 weeks, go through the list of upcoming
recordings and for any showing that you don't want to record (because,
presumably, you've already seen it or it's too old to care), select
"Never record this episode" to create an entry as if you had recorded
and deleted the episode.

This has the big benefit that it fails safely.  If you don't get around
to marking those episodes to not record, MythTV records them and you can
either watch them or just delete them.  The other approach, however,
would fail such that you don't record some episodes you want.  And I
like it because sometimes I want to record an episode that's not a new
episode because I missed it the first time around or whatever.

Mike