[mythtv-users] Confusion about Recording Expire setting

John Moore (CompuCom Systems Inc) v-johmo at microsoft.com
Fri Mar 6 16:45:36 UTC 2015

From: mythtv-users [mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of John Veness
Sent: Friday, March 6, 2015 8:30 AM
To: Discussion about MythTV
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Confusion about Recording Expire setting

On 06/03/2015 16:24, John Moore (CompuCom Systems Inc) wrote:
Ok so I have a question about "Record New and Expire Old" setting.

I have the local news channel being recorded each day.  I have no reason to keep a recording more than 24 hrs.  So I have the check box clicked for Record New and Expire Old assuming that is what it would do.  I looked this morning to see 3 days' worth of the news channel recorded.

How do I get daily news to keep only 1 recording?  This would be the same for 60 minutes.  There is no reason to it longer than a week when the next one is aired.

I would rather have this set at the backend as I use Kodi/XBMC for my front end and I don't recall seeing a way to delete from that.  Which for me I am happy with.  Just would like the backend would auto delete.

John Moore
OSG VM Solutions Team

You need to also set the setting for how many recordings you wish to keep, which sounds like 1 in your case.

Cheers,

John

--

John Veness, MythTV user, UK, DVB-T