[mythtv-users] Assigning Tuner Devices to Profiles???

John Moore (CompuCom Systems Inc) v-johmo at microsoft.com
Thu Mar 5 15:54:38 UTC 2015

Eric,
The nice thing about MythTV is that I can stop network traffic to it from Work.  So if there are disciplinary problems at home, wife and I can still be involved even 50 miles away.  If I directly attach live tv to the upstairs, I have a 17 an 16 yr old who would be able to sit back and watch tv (not do homework or chores while pestering sisters) till we got home (at 7pm) knowing there was nothing we could do.

Something else I would like to see of MythTV.  More parental controls.   Ability to block devices as a specific time.  An Rating Control so things like Living Room TV could only watch Rated PG an better at certain time, leaving rated R stuff for when younger kids go to bed.

These are the things you can NOT remotely control on a live tv hooked to cable.  Yet could be done via Myth if Myth was able.  Which is another reason why I don't hook cable to live tv.

John Moore
OSG VM Solutions Team