[mythtv-users] Impedance mismatch?

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 06:17:42 UTC 2015

On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 5:44 AM, Dick Steffens <dick at dicksteffens.com> wrote:
> T... Is this likely an impedance mismatch or could
> it be some other issue with the Blu-ray player?

Off the top of my head, it could also be a ground loop.  Could
also be the power levels.  Could also be your PCs audio device
is noisy/broken (they are not always well shielded).  Could
also be your BluRay player's line-out is noisy.  Only a good
signal analyzer and other test equipment is going to tell you
for sure.

I do not suppose you tried plugging the BluRay directly
into your stereo to see if that sounds good, did you?

I will also note that some TV's come with audio out
(after decode), which can be plugged into a stereos
aux (or line) inputs (and sometimes the output is source
digital, which would have to be decoded for an old
school stereo without a built-in decoder).