[mythtv-users] lossless_cut issue with UK HD recordings

Grzegorz Sikorski sikorski.grzegorz at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 22:36:58 UTC 2015

Hi,

I have tried to use lossless_cut tool with my MythTV setup. This tool is
great and it works perfect for all my SD channels recording. However I
could not get proper output mkv video for any UK Freeview HD channels. I
got properly cut movie, but with destroyed audio (it is not playable on any
player, tried VLC, Totem and even Windows Media Player). Some movies have
audio broken (VLC displays error message on audio path), some have just
"silent" path. After some deep search I found this topic:
https://tvheadend.org/boards/5/topics/6808. It seems the audio cannot be
properly played since UK broadcasters change audio codec during
transmission (e. g. switching codecs between commercial brakes and actual
movie). Could anybody confirm this is a related issue? If so, is there any
known workaround?

Best regards,
Greg